This May, SoHo Experiential kicked off its relationship with Lancôme, launching our pop up experience at The Ulta Beauty General Managers Conference.
The Pop Up promoted the launch of Monsieur Big, a 24-hour, eyelash-volume boosting mascara. The event incorporated both digital and analog elements, integrating social sharing, and shoppable interactions.
We placed an emphasis on personalizing the experience for each attendee with the following elements:
- A smart mirror, featuring first-of-its-kind facial recognition software.
- A “Big Lash Challenge” where consumers compared the product to false eyelash – spoiler alert – Mr. Big was the undisputed champion!
- A makeover area featuring Lancôme products where consumers could try a bevy of the latest Lancôme products they could then share via the Smart Mirror!
- A selfie wall of flowers so natural looking, everyone just had to touch to see if they were real (ahem, yes).
The elements were all designed to let consumers interact with the brand in an up close and personal fashion. We also included interactive, prize-oriented activities. These included the ever-popular Spin Wheel, as well as a ring toss, giving guests the chance to win of a selection of Lancôme products, because as everyone knows, people love a giveaway.
The experience was consistently packed, (sometimes nearly to the point of crowding) and by the end of the conference, we’d seen a great many attendees remark on how impressed they were with the effects of the Monsieur Big product.
Ulta by the Numbers:
- The event took place over 3 days in Orlando, Florida.
- 10,000 attendees from all over the country.
- The Lancôme Booth was one of the highest attended, engaging more than 1,000 attendees.
- 100+ interacted with our new facial recognition technology helping us to refine the concept for the full rollout this summer
The GMC conference served as the launch pad for a brand new touring pop up store, jointly created by SoHo and Lancôme designed to engage millennial consumers across the nation this summer. This new above-the-line campaign created by Lancôme will introduce the bold, playful, cool and fun side of the brand. To extend the message experientially, SoHo created a tour that will integrate the language and the habits of millennial consumers.